COLLECTION AND USE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We collect, retain, and utilize information about customers to operate our business and to make products, services and other opportunities available to those customers. We obtain this information (“Information”) about customers from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
· Information we receive directly from a customer in applications and other forms that the customer provides to us, and from our communications with the customer, such as name, address, and social security number.
· Information we compile from the customer’s transactions or experiences with us or our affiliates, such as premiums, payment history, and claims under the policy.
· Information we receive from other sources, such as other insurers, consumer reporting agencies, and health care providers.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
Generally, Information will not be disclosed by us to any external organization. However, we may share Information about current or former customers under the following circumstances:
· To marketing service providers and joint marketing partners – we may disclose Information to companies that perform marketing services for us, and other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
· To our affiliated companies.
· To other third parties – we may share Information with other non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
Generally, upon a customer’s written request, we will make available Information for the customer’s review. Information collected in connection with, or in anticipation of any claim or legal proceeding will not be made available. If a customer notifies us that the Information is incorrect, we will review the Information. If we agree, we will correct our records. If we do not agree, the customer may submit a short statement of dispute, which we will include in any further disclosure of Information.
HOW TO CONTACT US