Some people make the decision to go full time RVing quickly, while others want to examine the pros and cons more carefully. If you’re in the second group, and are still trying to decide whether or not full time RV living is right for you, keep reading.
Full time RV living quiz
While this list isn’t a foolproof way to determine your readiness for the full time RV lifestyle, these questions should help you seriously examine a number of issues related to full time RVing. The more questions you answer with a confident “yes,” then the more apt you’re likely to be for full time RVing.
- Do you have the financial resources and stability to support this lifestyle?
- Do you have a committed desire to simplify your life?
- Are you comfortable with change?
- Do you enjoy traveling and the outdoors?
- Can you easily adapt to new situations?
- Do you like meeting new people?
- Are you okay with being away from your home territory for lengthy periods?
- Are your relationships with family members and friends back home strong enough to survive not seeing them as often?
- Do you have someone to look after your property while you’re away?
- Are you a flexible person?
- Is your relationship with your traveling companion(s) secure and time-tested?
- Are you fine with living within a relatively small space and having limited personal space?
- Can you accept the limitations of cooking in an RV kitchen?
- Are you adept at making a budget – and sticking to it?
- Are you experienced with meal planning?
- Are you comfortable living with a limited amount of possessions?
- Are you handy when it comes to minor home repair jobs?
- Do you relish having more freedom?
- Do you enjoy adventure?
Before you decide to become a full time RVer, download our free guide, 12 Free Tips Every RVer Should Know to prepare for the RV lifestyle.